The travel arranger logs into the eTravel System to request prepayments. Prepayments can be made for airfare, lodging, and registration fees. You can also request a direct payment for a vehicle rental from the Ohio State Fleet Services (Motor Pool). Cash advances may also be requested.
- Contact the designated travel agency.
- Complete estimated time and date for both departure and return on the etravel request form
- The travel agency assigns a reservation number to your itinerary which needs to be included on the etravel request form. The reservation is held for a period of up to 12 hours. The OSP Travel Office must receive your travel request and have time to process your request, authorize the designated travel agency to book the reservation, and issue the ticket.
- Pre-pay by designated travel agency – same procedure as airfare
- Submit a requisition (form 1303) to OSP Purchasing
- Contact the hotel for price quote
- Complete the Requisition Form (1303); include the traveler’s name, T number, reason/purpose of the trip, hotel confirmation number, and cost estimate
- Submit the requisition form with the hotel’s price quote form to the OSP Travel Office
- Scan and upload the conference registration form via the eTravel System (or fax to the OSP Travel Office with the T number clearly indicated).
- OSP Travel will prepay by check issued directly to the conference
- OSP Travel also processes payments by wire transfer and international currency drafts Note: Wire Transfers require an additional authorization form, and are not processed through the eTravel System
University Fleet Services Direct Payment
- Traveler or travel arranger makes reservations through University Fleet Services
- Vehicle operator must be a licensed driver at least 21 years of age
- Vehicle operator must be a university faculty, staff or student
- Submit a Fleet Services quote to the OSP Travel Office after submitting the eTravel System request
- Scan and upload the cash advance form with the T number or travel ID # clearly indicated (or fax to the OSP Travel Office).
- Scan and attached the departments; cash advance form when processing the payment request form.