OSP Approval of Travel
After the travel arranger has completed and submitted the etravel request form in the eTravel System, the OSP Travel Office:
- Verifies departmental approval.
- Reviews the request for grant terms covering allowability and allocability.
- Allowability – Does the sponsor allow travel? Does the university allow it?
- Allocability – Is the travel related to the grant? Is there a clear, grant-related purpose to the proposed travel? Are the costs what a prudent person would expect to pay?
- Processes pre-payments, e.g., airline tickets and any other prepayment requests