Travel arrangers need the following information to submit an eTravel request. PIs can initiate their own travel request or contact their department’s travel arranger to process travel requests on their behalf. If you do not know who your travel arranger is, contact your department’s business office.
- Basic identifying information – full name of traveler, as it appears on official identification card, e.g., driver’s license, employee ID
- Travel destination(s), dates, and times
- ChartField information
- Purpose of the trip
- Estimated costs for:
- Airfare, car rental or personal auto mileage
- Lodging and meals (see per diem lists to estimate these costs)
- Registration (conference registration fee)
- Miscellaneous (taxis, shuttles, phone calls, parking, etc.)
The eTravel System sends email notifications to the travel arranger and approver, the PI, and/or any other individuals designated by the travel arranger. After the travel request is approved by the department’s travel approver the request is routed to the Office of Sponsored Programs Travel Office for final review and approval.