In accomplishing its mission the Office of Sponsored Programs:
- Streamlines administrative processes and minimizes the administrative burden for investigators conducting sponsored programs, by providing easily accessible and intuitive administrative information systems.
- Creates, and consistently implements, well-documented procedures that facilitate the conduct of sponsored activities, while ensuring compliance with sponsor and university requirements.
- Ensures seamless research administration from proposal development through timely award closeout.
- Provides effective stewardship of sponsor funds and promotes positive sponsor interactions.
- Partners with other university entities to develop a shared agreement on practices and procedures.
- Supports its employees' personal and professional development in an environment that empowers staff to function independently and creatively.
- Provides college and department support staff with the necessary tools, resources and training so they can also enable investigators to successfully engage in scholarly activities.
- Creates valid metrics that measure performance and progress toward goals.